Howard Stern Hated Being On ‘America’s Got Talent’

"It was torturous"


Howard Stern appears on NBC's 'America's Got Talent'

Perhaps the King of all Media should stick with Radio.

Howard Stern says he hated every minute of his four years on NBC‘s AMERICA’S GOT TALENT.

“I thought it would be funny to go on a network television show,” he revealed on JIMMY KIMMEL LIVE Friday night.

“Here I am, Fartman, and I would be on AMERICA’S GOT TALENT and suddenly it would be interesting to see me juxtaposed with a family show.  And that was fun.  But it was torturous.  I hated every bit of it.”

Stern, 61, says he spent $100,ooo on a new wardrobe and stylists, but was still not happy with the way he appeared on camera.

“I am putting in all of this work to look good and after all of that work, I still look like a nightmare.  I am sitting there with a guy, Howie Mandel… I am looking at this guy and I go, ‘Oh my God.  here is a guy with no hair.  He is in his 60s and he is better looking than I am.”

Last week, the network announced that Simon Cowell would replace Stern on the upcoming season.

AMERICA’S GOT TALENT returns in June 2016 on NBC.

Sean Daly

Sean Daly

Editor-In-Chief at TheTVPage.com
Sean Daly is a veteran entertainment journalist.His work has appeared in People, Us Weekly, The Toronto Star and other top publications. He was the west coast TV reporter for The New York Post from 2008 - 2013. Sean is the author of Inside AGT: The Untold Stories of America's Got Talent and Teen Mom Confidential: Secrets and Scandals From MTV's Most Controversial Shows.
Sean Daly