“I’m back for three years,” the billionaire investor tells TheTVPage.com exclusively.
Financial terms were not revealed.
In December, details of Cuban’s ongoing contract negotiations emerged as part of the Sony hacking ordeal.
Cuban called the initial $30,000 per-episode offer (to appear on the flagship show) “beyond insulting” and threatened to quit.
>>RELATED STORY: ‘Shark Tank’s Barbara Corcoran Goes Back To School
With its current panel of venture capitalists — Cuban, Daymond John, Barbara Corcoran, Kevin O’Leary, Lori Greiner and Robert Herjavec — SHARK TANK has become a cornerstone of ABC’s Friday night lineup.
In a press conference with television writers today, network programming boss Paul Lee dodged my question about how long the current line up will remain in tact, saying only: “We love all our sharks and are optimistic that we are in good shape moving forward.”
>>RELATED STORY: Mark Cuban Explains Why He Almost Quit ‘Shark Tank’
Lee did, however, give a few hints about the upcoming companion series, BEYOND THE TANK.
In March, ABC ordered ten hour-long episodes of the program from Sony Pictures Television and executive producer Mark Burnett.
“It is going to be [follow up] stories of people who have been on SHARK TANK,” Lee said. “Some of them emotional, some of them uplifting, some of them tragic.”
The show is currently in production and “we [the sharks] will all be involved,” Cuban confirms.
So far, no air date has been decided, but it is “probably more likely to be in season,” Lee says.
SHARK TANK airs Fridays at 9:00 PM on ABC.
Latest posts by Sean Daly (see all)
- Sherri Shepherd: I Will Never Go Back To ‘The View’ - January 18, 2017
- ‘This Is Us’: NBC Renews Its Best Drama For Two More Seasons - January 18, 2017
- ‘My Kitchen Rules’: Lance Bass Wants His Own Cooking Show - January 16, 2017