ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK was named Outstanding New Program Saturday night at the 30th Annual TCA Awards in Beverly Hills.
Several members of the cast — including star Taylor Schilling — were invited to accept the award.
The Netflix drama — about a group of women serving time at a fictional Upstate New York prison — was nominated alongside BROOKLYN NINE-NINE (Fox), FARGO (FX), SLEEPY HOLLOW (Fox), and TRUE DETECTIVE (HBO).
The Television Critics Association is a professional organization comprised of more than 200 journalists who cover the television industry for newspapers, magazines and websites across the United States and Canada.
A complete list of this year’s winners follows:
- Individual Achievement in Drama: Matthew McConaughey (“True Detective,” HBO)
- Individual Achievement in Comedy: Julia Louis-Dreyfus (“Veep,” HBO)
- Outstanding Achievement in News and Information: “COSMOS: A SpaceTime Odyssey” (FOX and National Geographic Channel)
- Outstanding Achievement in Reality Programming: “RuPaul’s Drag Race” (LOGO)
- Outstanding Achievement in Youth Programming: “The Fosters” (ABC Family)
- Outstanding New Program: “Orange is the New Black” (Netflix)
- Outstanding Achievement in Movies, Miniseries and Specials: “True Detective” (HBO)
- Outstanding Achievement in Drama: “The Good Wife” (CBS)
- Outstanding Achievement in Comedy: (Tie) “Veep” (HBO) and “Louie” (FX)
- Career Achievement Award: James Burrows (“Cheers”, “Mary Tyler Moore Show”)
- Heritage Award: “Saturday Night Live” (NBC)
- Program of the Year: “Breaking Bad” (AMC) – second consecutive
Did your favorite win an award? Let us know by leaving a comment below.
Latest posts by Sean Daly (see all)
- Sherri Shepherd: I Will Never Go Back To ‘The View’ - January 18, 2017
- ‘This Is Us’: NBC Renews Its Best Drama For Two More Seasons - January 18, 2017
- ‘My Kitchen Rules’: Lance Bass Wants His Own Cooking Show - January 16, 2017