Kevin Clash: Former Elmo Puppeteer Hopes To Repair Image After Latest Sex Abuse Case Is Tossed

Can he bounce back from sex abuse allegations?


Kevin Clash

Kevin Clash is ready to start over again.

The former SESAME STREET puppeteer (and voice of Elmo) hopes to rebuild his professional reputation — and eventually return to work — now that a final sex abuse lawsuit has been tossed.

On Friday, a judge in Pennsylvania ruled that 25 year-old Sheldon Stephens waited too long to report alleged sexual abuse by the actor.   

Per The Hollywood Reporter:

Clash’s lawyer, Michael Berger, says Clash can now move forward with his life. He had resigned fromSesame Street amid the accusations.

A judge in New York previously dismissed three other lawsuits against Clash by men who accused him of sexually abusing them when they were underage, also saying that the statute of limitations had run out.

Clash’s spokesman said his client was “gratified that once again the courts have dismissed the claims against him” and is looking forward to being able to repair his client’s reputation.

“We believe we are finally at the point as a team where we can begin to turn our full attention to restoring Kevin’s personal and professional reputation over the coming weeks and months so he may regain his rightful place as an accomplished and respected artist,” Nicholas Peters of CommCore Consulting Group said in a statement.

Clash, 54, resigned as both star and executive producer of the popular children’s program in November 2012 amid allegations he has inappropriate sexual contact with young boys.

Do you think he will ever be able to recover from the scandal?

Sound off by leaving a comment below.