One of Jay Leno’s right hand men is dishing dirt and naming names.
Dave Berg — a former producer for THE TONIGHT SHOW — has just released a stunning tell-all book detailing 22 years of backstage politics, meltdowns and hookups.
BEHIND THE CURTAIN: AN INSIDER’S VIEW OF JAY LENO’S TONIGHT SHOW reveals who was picked up in private planes, who was banned from the couch and who refused to come on.
Among the juicy highlights:
* Leno believed that O.J. Simpson was guilty of murder, so he refused to let his famous lawyer, Johnny Cochran come on — but he welcomed prosecutors Marcia Clark and Christopher Darden.
* DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES star Terri Hatcher was once bumped from the lineup when President Obama was booked. A rep for the actress called suggesting the show make it up to her by sending her a Louis Vuitton handbag. (She got flowers instead.)
* Jessica Simpson refused to appear unless the show picked up her $18,000 hair and makeup tab.
* An unnamed presidential candidate gave one of his best interviews ever after TONIGHT SHOW enjoying a romantic encounter with his wife in the green room — and nearly missing his cue to go on stage!
The New York Post has even more juicy scoop from the book. Read their story here.
Latest posts by Sean Daly (see all)
- Sherri Shepherd: I Will Never Go Back To ‘The View’ - January 18, 2017
- ‘This Is Us’: NBC Renews Its Best Drama For Two More Seasons - January 18, 2017
- ‘My Kitchen Rules’: Lance Bass Wants His Own Cooking Show - January 16, 2017