Benjamin Stockham made a television debut he might rather forget — as an extra on HANNAH MONTANA.
“I was the kid picking his nose on the Halloween episode,” he remembers with an embarrassed laugh.
“I was one of the trick-or-treaters. I was a little sad that they got the scene where I was picking my nose. It is actually in the episode on screen!”
And Benjamin — now a star of NBC’s hit comedy ABOUT A BOY — admits that wasn’t even the worst of it.
“In the episode I was eating candy and I choked on some and I blacked out,” he tells me. Apparently [Miley Cyrus] was really worried about me.”
Stay up-to-date with breaking news and features from TheTVPage.com
Follow us on Twitter uu“Like” us on Facebook uuSubscribe to Email Alerts
Benjamin — who was born in La Mesa, Califonia — has since gone on to appear in several films as will as the short-lived sitcoms SONS OF TUCSON and 1600 PENN.
In ABOUT A BOY — an adaptation of the Nick Hornsby book and Hugh Grant movie — he stars as Marcus, an 11 year-old outsider who lives with his single mother (Minnie Driver) but forms an unusual bond with skirt-chasing adult neighbor, Will (David Walton).
Here’s a few fun facts about this up-and-coming star.
1. He’s always craved attention: “I don’t remember exactly how I got into [acting], but I think I was just really interested…I always wanted to be seen on TV! I wanted to tell my friends, ‘That’s me.’ I was doing background, and I saw these other actors. I’m like, ‘Why do they get more? I want more. I want lines. Hey, can I get lines?’”
2. He loves wearing beanies: Benjamin discovered his love the knit hats while working on the ABC series ONCE UPON A TIME. “I’m like, ‘Wow, I don’t look stupid in this, at least not to me,’” he remembers. “So I started wearing these beanies, and I do it practically every day now. It’s kind of my style.”
3. He’s taken: “I have a girlfriend,” Benjamin says, without offering a name. “She is a year younger than I am. She is very supportive. She is a commercial actress.
4. He considers himself a triple threat: “Artistic, fun and handsome.” That’s how the young actor jokingly describes himself. “I like to draw. And I think that acting is kind of an art, right?”
ABOUT A BOY airs Tuesdays at 9:00 PM on NBC.
Do you watch? Sound off in the comments below.
Latest posts by Sean Daly (see all)
- Sherri Shepherd: I Will Never Go Back To ‘The View’ - January 18, 2017
- ‘This Is Us’: NBC Renews Its Best Drama For Two More Seasons - January 18, 2017
- ‘My Kitchen Rules’: Lance Bass Wants His Own Cooking Show - January 16, 2017