The female and male standouts from ‘Rush Week’ have advanced.
R&B/soul singer Malaya Watson and rock vocalist Caleb Johnson were revealed as two of this season’s Top 13 finalists during Thursday night’s one-hour results show.
Watson, 16, closed out Tuesday night’s performance show with her take on “Hard Times” by Ray Charles. After the performance, Jennifer Lopez called her “one of the big powerhouse singers of this competition.”
Johnson, 22, opened Wednesday night’s show with his rendition of “Stay with Me” by Faces. Afterwards, Harry Connick, Jr., said that “it’s gonna be tough for the guys following you.”
And it most certainly was.
Stay up-to-date with breaking news and features from TheTVPage.com
Follow us on Twitter uu“Like” us on Facebook uuSubscribe to Email Alerts
The following eight contestants were also voted into the Top 13:
• Ben Briley (folk rock)
• Emily Piriz (pop rock)
• Alex Preston (indie artist)
• Jessica Meuse (indie artist)
• Dexter Roberts (southern rock)
• Majesty Rose York (indie artist)
• M.K. Nobilette (R&B/pop)
• Sam Woolf (lite pop)
The judges chose these three contestants to round out the Top 13 after a sing-off:
• Jena Irene Asciutto (indie artist)
• Kristen O’Connor (pop/rock)
• C.J. Harris (blues/soul)
The Top 13 will perform for two hours next Wednesday at 8pm/7 central.
Latest posts by Chris Mannings (see all)
- ‘Idol’:Ben Briley’s Elimination Least Shocking So Far! - March 13, 2014
- ‘Idol’: Movie Week Was, Well…Weird! - March 13, 2014
- ‘The Voice’: Does Jake Barker Suffer From Nobilette Syndrome? - March 10, 2014