Jay Leno may need a new backup plan.
CNN is not interested in courting the TONIGHT SHOW host when his contract with NBC expires, network chief Jeff Zucker confirmed today.
“I know there has been a lot of talk about CNN looking for late night programming or a late night comedy show,” Zucker told me when I posed the question at the annual TCA Press Tour in Pasadena, California today.
“That is not a priority for us at this time. We have some other things I’d like to concentrate on first. So that is not in the cards any time soon. Obviously I have a long relationship with Jay. I think he is a terrific talent. But that is just not where our priorities are or where we are going anytime soon.”
Zucker who took over the struggling cable news network last year, indicated that he would be interested in scooping up former TODAY anchor Ann Curry — when she is officially on the market.
“Ann is a terrific talent as well,” he said. “I have a long history with her. But she is under contract at NBC and she not available at this time despite what I know has been postulated and been out there. If she were ever available that is somebody I would definitely look at. But…as far as I know she is not available.”
Latest posts by Sean Daly (see all)
- Sherri Shepherd: I Will Never Go Back To ‘The View’ - January 18, 2017
- ‘This Is Us’: NBC Renews Its Best Drama For Two More Seasons - January 18, 2017
- ‘My Kitchen Rules’: Lance Bass Wants His Own Cooking Show - January 16, 2017