Everyone loves a TV cast reunion.
So leave it to the folks at THE TALK to bring back all our favorites from THE LOVE BOAT.
Gavin MacLeod (Captain Merrill Stubing), Bernie Kopell (Dr. Adam “Doc” Bricker), Ted Lange (Isaac Washington), Fred Grandy (Burl “Gopher” Smith), Lauren Tewes (Julie McCoy) and Jill Whelan (Vicki Stubing) were all on hand for one more cruise down memory lane — and to help MacLeod promote his new memoir This Is Your Captain Speaking: My Fantastic Voyage Through Hollywood, Faith & Life.
[In the book, MacLeod, 82, talks about his battles with depression and near-suicide while working on MCHALE’S NAVY, auditioning for the role of Archie Bunker in ALL IN THE FAMILY, his painful divorce, two heart attacks and more.]
“I didn’t think we’d even get through the pilot,” Grandy told co-host Sara Gilbert. “The first pilot we did, we did over Christmas, so there was this tremendous feeling of “oh, my god, the business is rewarding us with a Christmas Cruise. But nobody thought it would go beyond that, The critics hated it. They said it would sink like the titanic. The only guy who really knew how all of you would bond with us and create this iconic status (was Aaron Spelling). The rule in this town is you never send your laundry out until the third season.”
The special episode also included a surprise visit from Charo and a performance of THE LOVE BOAT theme by Jack Jones.
ALSO HAPPENING TODAY:
* THE BIBLE IS BACK! HISTORY’s epic five-part mini-series — produced by Mark Burnett and Roma Downey — will be rebroadcast beginning Monday, November 11 at 8pm ET. THE BIBLE premiered in April 2013 with an average of 11.4 million total viewers per episode. Over the course of its 5 week run, more than 95 million viewers tuned in.
* JIMMY KIMMEL WILL HOST HOWARD STERN’S 60th BIRTHDAY PARTY. “With this birthday bash, we are finally one step closer to making my birthday the national holiday it deserves to be,” the AMERICA’S GOT TALENT judge says. (UPI)
* HISTORY CHANNEL IS REMAKING ‘ROOTS’ Slavery is pretty topical at the moment… (Deadline)
* ‘BASEBALL WIVES’ STAR PLEADS GUILTY IN RAID ON EX Anna Benson was reportedly carrying a gun when she broke into the home of her ex-husband, retired pitcher Kris Benson (Pittsburgh Pirates, New York Mets, Baltimore Orioles), and demanded $30,000. She will serve 15 years probation and complete in-patient psychiatric treatment. (NY Post)
Latest posts by Sean Daly (see all)
- Sherri Shepherd: I Will Never Go Back To ‘The View’ - January 18, 2017
- ‘This Is Us’: NBC Renews Its Best Drama For Two More Seasons - January 18, 2017
- ‘My Kitchen Rules’: Lance Bass Wants His Own Cooking Show - January 16, 2017