Dick Clark will be honored by one of his most bitter rivals — music’s Grammy Awards.
Clark, who died of a heart attack in April 2012, will receive a special tribute during next month’s Grammy telecast, executive producer Ken Ehrlich has confirmed.
“The extent of it is fluid at this point,” he tells The Post. “But he will be represented, that is for sure.”
Clark, creator of “The American Music Awards,” had a long standing rivalry with the Grammys.
In 2001, he filed a $10 million lawsuit against the academy, claiming producers “blacklisted” performers who appeared on his show, which he invented in 1973 for ABC when the Grammys jumped to another network.
“It became personal,” academy president Neil Portnow concedes.
“The day my predecessor left I had a phone conversation with Dick — because we have known each other a long time — and he said: ‘I am withdrawing the lawsuit. The battle is done.’
“And right up until the end, we had been very good friends.”
Portnow says Clark’s widow, Kari, has accepted an invitation to attend the ceremony, which will be broadcast Feb. 10 on CBS.
Latest posts by Sean Daly (see all)
- ‘My Kitchen Rules’: Lance Bass Wants His Own Cooking Show - January 16, 2017
- Queen Latifah: ‘MC Hammer Saved My Butt’ - January 11, 2017
- Fox: ‘Love Connection’ Revival Won’t Be ‘Raunchy’ - January 11, 2017